Covid-19 Screening and Protocol for Ephrata Performing Arts Center
The current policy for the Ephrata Performing Arts Center concerning the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 includes the following:
Enter the theater using the doors on the front porch. Exit the theater using the side door in the lobby. Upon entrance, everyone must stop at the screening table in the lobby to sign in and get screened. Everyone must sign out when leaving the theater.
- Masks are required in ALL common areas or while in the same room/area as someone else.
- Masks must cover mouth and nose.
- Face shields are currently not accepted as adequate protection by the CDC and are not accepted as a substitute for masks unless required for medical reasons.
- Masks do not need to be worn if working alone in an area.
- Adhere to social distancing regulations.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between people when interacting.
- Wash hands often
- Wipe down any frequently contacted surfaces regularly, particularly if it’s a shared surface.
- The capacity limits per room are as follows:
- Offices: 3 people
- Lobby: 12 people
- Shop: 5 people
- Rehearsal Spaces: 25 people
- Costume Shop/Props Closet: 5 people
- Dressing Rooms: 12 people
- Theater: 125 people
- All people entering and exiting the theater must be recorded. A log must be kept in order to contact trace in the case of a positive case. The following will be recorded and given to the office. For hourly employees, if time clock or hours log matches the building entry/exit these may be used in lieu of a contact tracing log.
- Full name
- Entrance (date and time)
- Exit (date and time)
Suspected Infection Protocol
- Contact Supervisor or EPAC Representative Immediately
- Access to the building will be denied until:
- If symptomatic, Tested for COVID-19 and determined to be negative
- Cleared to discontinue isolation
- Supervisor/EPAC Representative will report to theater to inform all people who came in contact by referencing contact tracing logs.
- All people who have come in contact with suspected individual will be denied entry to the facility until:
- Original suspected individual is tested negative
- 14 days have passed since contact
In addition to this policy, it is recommended to follow all guidelines of the CDC and State Authorities. These three lists of guidelines may change at any time- the theater will do its best to communicate these guidelines to relevant parties as soon as possible.
The symptoms of COVID-19 include the following:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting